Job Vacancies - Public Relations Manager and City PlannerTuesday, March 27, 2012
Public Relations Manager
The Belize City Council is seeking applications to fill the post of Public Relations Manager. All interested persons must submit their applications in a sealed envelope, no later than Monday, April 16th, 2012, addressed to Director of Human Resources, Belize City Council 109 North Front Street Belize City, Belize
This position reports to the Director of HR/PR
The duties shall consist of the following:-
• Supervise PR personnel and the work of the Department.
• Plan, develop and implement Public Relations Strategies.
• Promote and publicize the work and accomplishments of the
Belize City Council using traditional media and new
• Liaise with and answer inquires from media, individuals and
other organization, often via telephone.
• Research, write and distribute press release to targeted media.
• Inform/Educate the public as to relevant information
impacting in the daily activities of residents in our city.
• Write and edit speeches, article and annual reports
• Prepare yearly budget for the Public Relation Department.
• Assist in the planning and preparation of any social activities
for the Council.
• Collate and analyze media coverage
• Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions,
open days and press tour
• Devise and coordinate photo opportunities.
• Foster community relations through events such as open days
and through involvement in community initiative.
• Accompany the Mayor and or Councilors to any out doors
event that will be beneficial to the Council.
• Prepare a monthly calendar for Mayor, Councillors, and City
Administrator and coordinate the timely and effective
dissemination of information pertaining to Council business.
• Prepare progress report for each department.
• Carry out any other reasonably duties assigned.
A first degree in Mass Communications or Journalism with at least five (5) years experience or a first degree in Public Administration with a minimum of eight (8) years related PR experience in the public service.
Be fluent in written and spoken English. A working knowledge of the Spanish language would be a great asset.
The successful candidate must have experience working in the traditional media—print, TV, and radio.
Salary is negotiable.
The Belize City Council is seeking applications to fill the post of City Planner. All interested persons must submit their applications along with their resume and two references, in a sealed envelope no later than Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 to the Director of Human Resources, Belize City Council, # 109 North Front Street, Belize City, Belize.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, but preferably a Masters Degree or other graduate qualification in Architecture or Civil Engineering field; three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
1. Devise a regulatory system of town planning.
2. Prepare an outline development plan initially focusing on City areas of new infrastructure development.
3. Initiate a Pilot Planning Project to include outline plans for areas, where drainage improvements are proposed by Belize City Council.
4. Coordinate town planning proposals with relevant agencies.
5. Establish community groups/wardens to assist in drawing-up and monitoring of town plans.
6. Control development through regulations and persuasion.
7. Encourage the active cooperation of the private sector to achieve urban improvements.
8. Research national and international urban development policies and legislations.
9. Develop planning strategies and ensure their compliance.
10. Carry out any other reasonable assigned duties.
11. Report to work immediately in the event of a disaster threat and after the City has suffered a disaster.
12. Accountable to the Director of Technical Services.
Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
No upcoming events.
Our vision for Belize City is to have all residents live in a modern, clean and secure environment. A city abounding with civic pride, patriotism, unity and opportunities for all!- Belize City Council