Your Council at work for You
Public Service Study Sheet
LICENSING AND TRANSPORT BOARD
A Guide to the Public Service Written Test (C1 –Taxi & C2 – Bus)
- Public Service Vehicle means all vehicles carrying for paying passengers.
- A driver who applies for a special permit to drive a D-plate vehicle shall necessarily know article X of the motor vehicle law.
- To be uncivil means to be discourteous.
- When carrying passengers in a Public Service vehicle, highly explosive must be banned.
- Schedule ‘R’ is the taxi fare chart.
- When waiting for passengers the driver of a public Service vehicle must take away things that could bother passengers.
- To avoid excessive weight in a public Service vehicle the driver must take away things that could bother passengers.
- The driver of a taxi can pick up a second passenger with the consent of the first customer.
- The driver of a taxi has to respect the taxi fare chart.
- According to the law, the driver of an omnibus has to take the precaution to ensure safety.
- When an omnibus is in motion the driver shall not enter into a conversation with other people.
- When working for somebody else a driver or a conductor must collect the right fare.
- Any article left accidentally in a public Service vehicle, when not reclaimed, becomes the property of the state.
- The driver of an omnibus shall get at least (10) consecutive hours of rest during every 24 hours.
- Any person who fails to comply with any regulation of a Motor vehicle law can be fined two hundred dollars.
- An omnibus must have at least two doors.
- ‘Emergency Exit’ means an extra door used in cases of necessity.
- ‘Emergency Exit’ must be clearly marked.
- In a freight passenger vehicle everybody shall sit on a proper seat.
- The law requires a fire extinguisher in an omnibus.
- A fire extinguisher means a bomb of different chemicals to extinguish fire.
- The driver of a Public Service vehicle shall give way to drivers on whose left an obstruction is situated.
- The driver of a Public Service vehicle may pickup passengers at any place.
- Signs on the road are for all drivers and pedestrians.