The Belize City Council’s, Security Department presently employs a total of forty (40) employees. These employees consist of a Security Manager Mr. Hiram Longsworth, Secretary, four (4) Senior Security Officers-Supervisors, an Office Assistant and thirty-three (33) Security Officers.
The Department’s Organizational Structure is as follows:
The Security Manager reports to the Councilor Phillip Willoughby, responsible for the Security and CEMO. The Secretary and Senior Security Officers reports to the Security Manager. The Office Assistant reports to the Secretary, while the Security Officers, reports to the Senior Security Officers.
The department is presently responsible for guarding six (6) different locations that include: City Hall - Main Office, Traffic Department, 4½ mls. Western Highway, Commercial Center, Landfill, and Queens Square Market,
Main Responsibilities of the Security Department:
- Report all incidents to immediately to respective Supervisors.
- Report any illegal transactions at the various workstations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with members of staff, and the general public.
- Ensure that law and order is maintained.
- Ensure proper handing over and taking over of duties.
- Ensure proper logging/recording of entries in the Security Log Book.
- Radio checks must be made every hour to posts within the organization and respective Supervisors.
- Ensure that all buildings are secured at the end of each work day.
- Ensure proper care of all Council’s equipment i.e. Handheld Radios, Base Radios, etc.
- Ensure that all guard booth/workstations are clean before and after handing over.
Councillor Phillip Willoughby
Manager Mr. Hiram Longsworth
Email address: email@example.com