The Management Information Systems (MIS) Department is tasked to manage the IT infrastructure systems of the council and ensure that our procedures and controls comply with accepted industry standards. This team of individuals ensures that all technology and IT concepts are running and user friendly so that our staff can fulfill their respective roles as efficiently as possible.
The goals and objectives of the MIS Department are:
- Ensuring that the Belize City Council's IT infrastructure systems/procedures and controls comply with accepted industry standards.
- Protecting, controlling & monitoring the Belize City Council's data integrity by implementing appropriate Disaster Mitigation & Recovery policies and procedures.
- Providing Help Desk Support in all areas of the Belize City Council's LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Providing appropriate insight, assistance and recommendations in support of the Belize City Council's daily operating policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that MIS staff is properly trained and remain updated on new technology and IT Concepts.
- Supporting the Belize City Council, it's departments and staff in all areas related to Information Technology in dispensing its mandate to serve the people of Belize City in the most innovative and efficient manner possible.
MIS Councillor: Javier Castellanos
Email Address: email@example.com